The appeals committee considers requests made by residents who, according to the Home Front Command’s databank, have received their individual protective kits, but for some reason those were damaged/lost/stolen etc.
In such cases, the residents must pay for the replacement kit. The payment is executed via a credit card vis-à-vis Israel Post (Doar Israel) phone order center, or using a payment slip at the nearest post office. Be aware that updating the data takes approximately half an hour.
If the IPK in question was of the old type issued prior to January 1, 2004, the replacement kits will be priced as follows:
Complete adult/youth kit – 70 NIS
IPK with air pump (Shmartaf, Bardas, Keisar / Super-Keisar, adult/youth kit with pump) – 100 NIS.
If the IPK in question was of the new type issued since 2010, the replacement kits will be priced as follows:
Mamtak – 556 NIS
Shmartaf – 624 NIS
Bardas – 564 NIS
Sha'an???/youth (passive) – 202 NIS
Sha'an???/youth (active) – 392 NIS
Protective hood for adults??? (active) – 418 NIS
Keisar – 762 NIS
Super-Keisar – 866 NIS
If you feel that the decision demanding payment was unjust in your case, you may appeal it with
a special appeals committee.
How to apply to the appeals committee?
The appeals committee can be applied to by filling out an online application or a downloadable application (see left side of this page)
The downloadable application can be found on this website or the Israel Post website, or received at one of the information centers (either the Home Front Command or the Post Office). The filled-out application should be sent by mail to the following address:
"ועדת ערר – ערכות מגן", צה"ל – פיקוד העורף, ד.צ 02763
(“Appeals committee – protective kits”, IDF, Home Front Command, military mail 02763)
The committee will deliberate on the appeal and reply by mail within 21 working days from the day of receiving the application.
For your attention:
- When filling out the application, make sure all the relevant details are written down clearly and legibly;
- written clarification of the reason for the appeal is obligatory;
- attach to the application any documents proving the claim, should such documents exist;
- if the committee rejects the appeal, the resident will be required to pay the designated sum;
- if the committee decides to grant the appeal and reimburse the resident, the resident will call the postal delivery service/go to the distribution point, present the acceptance letter and receive their kit, free of charge.